NPP's research team live-tweeted the first Presidential debate of the 2012 election, injecting budget-related facts into the discussion. The conversation covered a lot of ground, from taxes and deficits to spending on education, healthcare, and the military.
There's plenty of beyond-the-spin facts yet to come, so be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. If Twitter isn't your thing, not to worry–below is our top 5 fact-checking tweets from last night.
1. Is the federal government getting bigger?
2. Is Social Security in crisis?
3. What's the future of Medicare?
4. What is Mr. Romney's plan for education funding?
5. How much would Obamacare cost?
Be sure to check out our Election 2012 Voter Guide for a side-by-side comparison of the candidates' positions and fact sheets on the major issues.
Photo courtesy of DonkeyHotey: http://www.flickr.com/photos/donkeyhotey/8052091470/