Debate on Keynesian vs Supply Side Economics
Activity Type: Group
Objective: Students will be able to discuss two different economic theories and apply them to contemporary issues.
- Break the class up into two groups.
- One group should spend time researching Keynesian economic theory, using NPP’s A People’s Guide to the Federal Budget and other sources.
- The other group should research Supply Side theory using NPP’s A People’s Guide to the Federal Budget and other sources.
- Spend one class period debating the topic.
- Have each group give a presentation to teach their respective economic theory.
- Include questions to prompt debate.
- Encourage students to challenge the statements/presentation of the opposing group.
- Develop economic scenarios and/or social/political crises and discuss how each group would interpret the scenario and/or solve the crisis.
Download as PDF