The Impact of Government
Activity Type: Group
Objective: Students will be able to discuss the impact of government decisions on their lives.
- Students are assigned to groups of three or four members consisting of Leader, Recorder, Reporter, and Timekeeper.
- The leader keeps the group on task and ensures everyone has an opportunity to speak.
- The recorder takes notes about the discussion.
- The reporter offers a summary to the class and teacher.
- The timekeeper keeps track of time to make sure the group finishes within the allotted time slot.
- Students will discuss questions on a specific topic and report back to class.
Sample Questions for Group Discussion:
- What does your group believe the federal government funds within your local community? How do you know this?
- What information did the polling numbers stated in Chapter 1 provide?
- Why is there such a large gap between the percentages of people who said they used a government program versus those who actually did?
- Chapter 1 states that you can make a difference. Brainstorm specific ways that you can make a difference.
Download as PDF